Founding and Managing Partner
Since 1999, Attorney Michael R. Parker has provided aggressive representation in every legal case he handles. Backed by ample experience in both the legal field and the military, Attorney Parker has the knowledge, skills, and dedication needed to provide his clients with top-tier outcomes.
Law School: Whittier Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1999.
Undergraduate: Pepperdine University, B.S., Business Management, 1993.
Areas of Practice: Federal and State Fraud Recovery Actions, Bad Faith Defense, Civil RICO, Complex Civil Litigation, Insurance Coverage, FEMA Law, Health Care Fraud, Cargo/Trucking Litigation, and Business Litigation.
Licensed to Practice in: California since 1999, Texas since 2009, Oklahoma since 2014, Central District of California since 1999, Southern District of California since 2004, Northern District of Texas since 2012, Southern District of Texas since 2012, Western District of Texas since 2015, Northern District of Oklahoma since 2016.
- Coverage Counsel involving alleged $80 million Art Theft claim (Second largest art theft claim from private residence in United States history). No benefits paid.
- Trial Counsel representing carrier in Water Restoration Fraud case resulting in $1.5 million judgment in favor of carrier.
- Trial Counsel representing carrier in Arson Fraud case resulting in $1.5 million judgment in favor of carrier, and $1.5 million criminal restitution.
- Retained Expert Witness, Insurance Fraud.
- Licensed Investigator (LIC 16960).
- IASIU, Certified Insurance Fraud Investigator (CIFI).
- FEMA, Military Emergency Management Specialist Basic Certification.
- Liberty Mutual, SIU, Senior Special Investigator.
- Manning & Marder, Attorney.
- Master Military Emergency Management Specialist.
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Oklahoma
- Federal Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- United States Court of Appeal for the Armed Forces (USCAAF)
- International Association of Auto Theft Investigators (IAATI)
- International Association of Special Investigation Units (IASIU)
- Texas Association of Special Investigation Units
- North Texas Chapter of the IASIU
- State Guard Association of the United States (SGAUS) - Lifetime Member
- National Guard Association of Texas (NGAT) - Lifetime Member
- Federal Bar Association, Co-vice chair of the Military Justice Section, Veterans & Military Affairs Law Section, 2018 to present.
- Federal Bar Association, Access to Justice Task Force, 2017 to present.
- Federal Bar Association, Ethics Committee, 2016 to present.
- State Guard Association of the United States, Co-Chair of JAG Training Academy, 2015 to present.
- Republican National Committee, Chapter Member.
- Sheriff’s Association of Texas.
- Texas State Rifle Association, Endowment & Defender Member.
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Life Member.
- Sportsmen’s Alliance.
- State Guard Association of United States, Military Justice Medal, 2017.
- State Guard Association of the United States, Distinguished Service Medal, 2017. State Guard Association of the United States, Medal of Merit, 2016, 2017.
- State Guard Association of the United States, Commendation Medal, 2015-2017.
- State Guard Association of the United States, Faithful Service Award, 2016, 2017.
- California National Guard, California Commendation Medal, 2013.
- Nominated for IASIU’s Outstanding Service Award, 2016.
- Southern California IASIU, Attorney of the Year Nominee, 2012.
- Southern California IASIU, Attorney of the Year, 2006.
- Southern California IASIU, Attorney of the Year, 2001.
- “Guidebook to Orthopedic Tests and Modalities,” co-authored with Dr. Michael Millar, 1995, self-published.
- “The Affordable Care Act Has Improved the Way the Federal Government Fights Health Care Fraud, But the Rate of Return on the Investment is Still Being Measured,” co-authored with Dennis J. Bentley, The Federal Lawyer, 2016, Pg. 32 - 35.
Well over 150 dynamic and interactive presentations to professional organizations across the country, mostly on:
- Fraud recovery
- Medical fraud
- Healthcare fraud
- Insurance coverage
- Bad faith issues
- FEMA law
- Military justice
- Major, JAG-C Trial Defense Service (TDS), Texas State Guard, Camp Mabry, TX, 2017 to present.
- Captain, JAG-C Trial Defense Service (TDS), Texas State Guard, Camp Mabry, TX, 2014 to 2017.
- Captain, JAG-C, California State Military Reserve, Los Alamitos Joint Training Base, 2011 to 2014.